The 2016 Freshman Engagement Fellowship (FEF) is a unique 12-month leadership development and career building opportunity, available only to Jewish USC students, designed to enhance Jewish life and the student experience at USC. FEFs will strive to understand freshmen students’ interests, passions and aspirations with the aim of connecting them to the greater Jewish community on campus. FEFs will serve as liaisons and resources for students to explore and discover their Jewish identities, and as engagement fellows for Jewish freshmen throughout the 2016-2017 year.
Freshman Engagement Fellowship Responsibilities:
- Attend 2-3 FreshFest leader training sessions; including a mandatory meeting on Sunday, May 1st (time TBD) and Sunday, August 14 at Hillel (time TBD).
- Recruit for, attend and facilitate small groups at USC Hillel’s annual FreshFest retreat (August 15-16, 2016).
- Build relationships, through individual meetings, with members of your FreshFest group beyond FreshFest, connecting them to Jewish life on campus, and reporting back important information to Hillel student leaders and staff.
- Attend monthly meetings with the Hillel Staff, the Vice Presidents of freshmen engagement and fellow FEFs for monthly learning, skills training, check-in about one-on-one engagement and plan events as a group for Jewish freshmen.
- Track information on students engaged.
Added Value & Benefits of the Freshman Engagement Fellowship
FEFs will enhance career building opportunities and leadership development skills in the following areas:
- Team Building
- Community organizing
- Group facilitation
- One-on-One Engagement
- Long-term community leadership
Additionally, FEFs will each have a budget of $250 / year to spend on engagement and group get-togethers with their freshmen cohort from FreshFest. FEFs will also be acknowledged on the USC Hillel website and in our fall newsletter for their involvement in this exciting fellowship.
If you are interested, please complete the application below BEFORE January 30 at 11:59pm