Spring Student Exhibition at USC Hillel Art Gallery
Taking submissions from ALL CURRENT USC students, in all media, in response to two unique pieces. Proposals are due Jan 27th, 2012. if proposals are accepted, final work must be submitted by February 17.
February 23 – May 4, 2012
The USC Hillel Art Gallery Spring Student Show will feature USC student art and architecture submissions that respond to works by this year’s honorees, Stanley and Elyse Grinstein. Student works will be displayed in the Gallery, a shared and dynamic community space at 3300 S. Hoover St., just north of campus.
Please note the following specs and guidelines as you consider what to submit:
- All current USC students are eligible to submit work for this show
- Submissions must be in response to either or both of the following (images below):
- Elyse’s Los Angeles prize-winning KFC building
- Robert Rauchenberg’s “L.A. Uncovered #11 The Marriage Bed.”, originally printed under Stanley at Gemini G.E.L.
- Proposals must be submitted on or before January 20th. if proposals are accepted, final work must be submitted by February 13.
- Written submissions should contain:
- A one page with artist’s statement and some biographical information
- Attached one to three images; these can be works in progress, schematics, or sketches of intended finished pieces, with description if necessary
- Sound pieces should be sent as an mp3 file
- Videos should be sent as compressed files, ie. mpeg4 or .mov
- All media will be considered; however, no material or equipment will be supplied by the gallery. This means that you must provide dvd players, projectors, etc.
- Contact Gallery Director, Ilana Milch, with any questions and to arrange studio visits: Ilana@uschillel.org