USC Hillel is proud to announce the upcoming launch of two new programmatic ‘CENTERS’ at USC Hillel, each of which will host critical programs that address issues that focus on Jewish continuity & identity as well as Israel engagement, education and advocacy.
1. The Center for Jewish Trojan Engagement & Identity (CJTEI)
- Core Mission: To ensure the Jewish future through initiatives and programs that focus on Jewish identity, outreach to unaffiliated students, development of charitable and other Jewish values, and the celebration of Jewish culture and heritage.
- Signature Programs: FreshFest (FF) Retreat for Incoming Jewish Freshmen, the Freshmen Engagement Fellowship, the Campus Entrepreneurs Initiative (CEI), Alternative Spring Break volunteer program, Challah For Hunger program, and the Hillel-Jewlicious Partnership to Celebrate Jewish Unity Through Culture and the Arts.
2. The Center for Israel Experience & Education (CIEE)
- Core Mission: As Israel is a core element of Jewish life and a gateway to Jewish identification for students, this Center provides every Jewish student at USC with the opportunity to explore and build an enduring relationship with Israel through programs and initiatives that focus on Israel advocacy and leadership, education, culture, and travel.
- Signature Programs: SC Students for Israel (SCSI) and Trojans for Israel (TFI) leadership programs, Taglit-Birthright Israel (TBI) travel and follow-up programs, SC Israel Business Alliance (IBA), Israeli film and culture series, and our annual Israel Independence Day celebration.
We will officially launch these new initiatives at a special lunch in honor of Linda & Howard Schwimmer on Sunday, May 20, 11-2pm. Click here for more information about this event.